❡Blueprint 0.6 Released
Today marks the release of Blueprint, version 0.6.
This release is quite literally miles ahead of what 0.5 ever was, and is a giant leap towards what we’ll eventually call version 1.0.
Some of the highlights include:
- A much more sensible directory structure.
- A new plugin system.
- Lots of functionality extracted into plugins, keeping the core files sweet and nimble.
- New test suite for proper browser compatibility testing.
- We’re back to using em units for all vertical sizing, although with a much better implementation than what we had in 0.4.
- New ruby scripts for compressing and validating the CSS.
- Proper styling of forms.
- Tons and tons of bugfixes.
Check out the way too extensive changelog for more details.
I’ll write more about each change in future posts, but it’s just way too much ground to cover in one sitting.
(Also: Polar Bear)
~ 21 Sep 2007